Wednesday

Well, 1st of April today.  I had the best intentions of finishing the potting shed today but had tons to do yesterday and some little, niggling jobs to finish off while it was raining.

My washing is up to date, even with the rain we've been having I can dry clothes indoors.  I've been working on a macrame plant hanger which I'll finish tonight.  I've got completely caught up with the accounts and have got some plant orders in.  I fitted a tap to the shelter water tank and fitted the downpipe today.  That little tank will fill quickly but it'll be handy for the gardens I'm planning for that area.

I grabbed some lovely myrtle planks that Dirk milled last year and started to get stuck in on the toilet.  It's off the back hallway and we need to wash our hands at the laundry tub so I had the brainwave of moving a wall in the loo to make room for a handbasin.  Of course, that idea grew like topsy but it all got shelved in the lead up to opening the nursery.  Now that I'm back in the renovating groove, I've trimmed out the wall and cut the timber for the vanity. A stainless steel vessel basin (aka a mixing bowl) and some nice timber shelves will make a huge difference but of course, it needs painting and I need to fit a new cistern as the current one keeps sticking - if we don't catch it, we run out of water.

The chooks are looking very scruffy these days, they're moulting and there are feathers everywhere and of course, no eggs.  They're quite happy wandering about the place and it's very relaxing watching them.

I made Sophie Dahl's chicken soup today - a bit of a process but it is the best chicken soup!

Michael came down yesterday to pick up his beehives and left us some of our honey.  I need to source some nice jars and work on the labels so that we can sell Riverwood Honey!

Still waiting for some deliveries that should have been here on Monday, but I won't get really worried until next week.

Looking around the place today, there is so much to do.  At least we have some time now to get the place tidied up and work on some of our plans for the nursery and the farm.




Comments

Popular Posts