25 March 2020



We posted on Facebook yesterday that we were closing the nursery to the public.  We have only been open since November and it is disheartening to have to close the gate, but in these uncertain days it's good to be able to make a decision and feel at least a modicum of control.  We have plenty of projects to keep us busy outside and in, and rather than dwell on the madness all around the world, I am determined to keep busy and stay positive.

This morning I woke to drizzly rain and kookaburras welcoming the day in their own noisy way,  Roger the rooster adding to the chorus along with Archie the cat mooching around for his breakfast.  After our usual morning coffees, Dirk had to go to work so I let the chooks out and the dog in then tidied the house and sat down at the computer.  I'm hoping that anyone reading this, wherever you are in the world, will feel a bit connected by my ramblings and perhaps, not quite so isolated.

My plans for the day are pretty flexible at this stage.  I usually have a list of things that I have to do; compiled the evening before, but today I am going to focus on tidying up - the house, the nursery, the shed, my workshop ... the list goes on!  I have very little dry storage space here, so the spare room is full of boxes which I really need to cull.  I have crochet projects, macrame, sewing and woodwork projects all waiting for me to finish them.

Outdoors, I need to tidy up some plants, prepare some beds for spring bulbs, finish the rose garden, put up greenhouses, clean out my potting shed and put up some additional shelving in there, then clean out my lean-to greenhouse.  I have a million pots and trays to wash, labels to clean and plant stands to build.  I'm definitely not short of things to do.

Dirk felled a big gum tree that was very close to the house.  It's amazing how much light that was blocking!  it has also freed up an area of garden for me to tidy up and plant .. another project!

I'm actually quite cold sitting here typing this, so I think I'll light the kitchen fire which will take the chill off the house then I'll get stuck in....

Archie’s got the right idea! 😀😀💕












Comments

Popular Posts