Rainy Days

We get a lot of rainy days here on the West Coast.  Most of the time I'm happy to work outside in the rain, even when it's freezing cold - a bit of work warms you up!  During winter though, after days and days of rain; the ground is sodden and the farm becomes a muddy puddle, it's difficult to do too much without creating more mess.  Digging by hand is hard work and using the tractor is out of the question so it's indoor work for me.  I like crafts, cooking and reading so I am forever making something and have a number of "rainy day projects" on the go.

I found a couple of old cupboards in various sheds and had an old chest of drawers that needed to be fixed up so they were last winter's bigger projects.  One old dresser has gone into the office and the chest of drawers went into the spare bedroom.  I do have another on the go but that will have to wait a while I think.

Chest of drawers made over
Colourful office storage









Macrame
Currently, I'm making macrame plant hangers.  I used to do this years ago, have rediscovered it recently and am getting a bit carried away.  I look at any string/rope around the place and see a plant hanger!  I also crochet and have enough afghans, scarves and beanies to last me a lifetime, so I'm learning to crochet cable.  It's definitely challenging and perfect for a cold, rainy afternoon in front of the fire.  I haven't actually made anything with cables yet - probably next winter.

Painting rocks!


Painting rocks was a recent fad (yes, really).  They're actually quite cute - little bees and ladybirds which look really cute in a plant pot.  I think I like the faces best though.




We've had a spell of gorgeous weather recently so I've been outside as much as possible but it's raining today so time to catch up on some office work and some housework - the house is a pit and I really should vacuum .. but .. I really need to get out to the potting shed and check on some seedlings...

Comments

Popular Posts